COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAMS DIRECTOR
Role and Responsibilities
The Community Outreach Programs Director serves as the community events/program planner and executioner. The Community Outreach Programs Director reports to the President and works closely with the other Directors and Program Officers to anticipate priorities, respond to opportunities, identify project needs, build strong relationships with the community, volunteers, and donors, as well as to manage deadlines.
- Continue and strengthen the operational and quality of the existing community events/programs including, but not limited to, the annual Indonesian Independence Day Celebration, Warung Konsuler and ad-hoc programs with KJRI and KBRI, public expert sharing session(s), and Indonesian movie screening(s).
- Plan and execute other or new community events/programs that can further increase community awareness and participation such as collaborative community events and celebrations, giving back to the community programs, etc.
- Identify and collaborate with various talents in the community, and where needed, work in tandem with the Music & Talents Director.
- Prepare and ensure creative, engaging, and cost-effective events.
- Manage and ensure smooth and efficient logistical and event coordination with the Operational Director, the Music & Talents Programs Director, Program Officer(s), vendors/3rd parties, and volunteers.
- Prepare post-event/program acknowledgements/report.
- Experienced in event planning and event management.
- Speaks and writes fluent English and Indonesian.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and has good intrapersonal and communication skills, managerial and computer/technology skills.
- Confident and outgoing team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Duration of service: min. 1 year, max. 2 years and can/may be extended based on his/her availability and performance to continue, plus re-appointment by the President and/or Board of Members.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Attendance at team meetings is required.
- Resides in Massachusetts/New Hampshire/Rhode Island.
This position is a volunteered based and non-salaried. The Director and other team members are working based on the spirit of volunteerism and collective passion to make the organization’s mission and visions come into realization for the greater good of the Indonesian community in New England. Operational expenses may be disbursed based on need and prioritization.
Interested to volunteer? Email us at email@example.com