Ayam Woku Manado
Manado's Spicy Basil Chiken
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 lemongrass, bruised
- 2 pounds chicken
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 750ml water
- 1 tomato, cut into small pieces
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon basil leaves
- 5 tablespoon lime juice
Grind the following into spice paste:
- 10 shallots
- 3 red anaheim chilies
- 8 candlenuts
- 2 inch turmeric
- 2 inch ginger
- Seasoned chicken with salt and lime juice.
- Deep fry chicken, half cooked and put on the side.
- Heat oil in a pot and sauté spice paste, kaffir lime leaves, and lemongrass until fragrant about 5 minutes.
- Add the half cooked chicken.
- Add salt, sugar and water. Bring to a boil and continue cooking until the chicken is fully cooked. Add salt and sugar as needed.
- Add tomato, sliced scallions and lemon basil leaves. Stir and cook until lemon basil leaves are wilted.
- Turn off heat, transfer to a serving bowl.
Indonesian steamed fish paste dumpling with peanut sauce)
Ingredients for fish paste:
- 0.5lbs King fish
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200 gram tapioca powder
Ingredients for peanut sauce:
- 700 gram dry roasted peanut
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 red chilies
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
Pulse king fish in a food processor, then transfer to a bowl and mix well with the rest of the ingredients. Set aside.
- Stuffed each wonton wrapper with the fish paste.
- Open up the middle part of tofu and stuff with fish paste.
- Steam the stuffed wonton and stuffed tofu, about 15 minutes.
- Grind the peanut in a food processor. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Heat a skillet and dry frying the garlic and chilies, then grind these in food processor. Add them to the bowl of grinded peanut.
- Add sugar and salt into the grinded peanut, garlic and chilies. Mix well. Add just enough water to make this paste.
Serve the siomay with peanut sauce on top and drizzle of sweet soy sauce.