Food Vendor Registration for the 2019 IndoFest is now closed.
Thank you to those who have registered. We'll see you on September 28th at Copley Square, Boston.
Please follow the event regulations below.
The New England Indonesian Festival, organized by Permias MA and ICONE, is an annual celebration of Indonesian food, arts, and culture with over 10,000 people attending each year. The event features live performances, food, folk-games, arts, and crafts showcasing from 12 noon - 6 pm. The 2019 IndoFest will be held at Copley Square, 560 Boylston St., Boston, MA 02116 on Saturday, September 28, 2019.
We have allocated 10 booths for the Indonesian food vendors with booth size of 9'x10' for each registered and approved vendors.
Rental fee/booth: $750 (for a tent, a table and 2 chairs), plus cleaning / security deposit of $250/booth (returnable).
Due to the non-profit nature of both Permias MA and ICONE, the money collected from this rental fee will ALL be used for the event expenses and to comply with the City of Boston's special event regulations.
How to Apply:
- Read and follow the 'Vendor Rules & Requirements' section below carefully.
- Complete and submit the food vendor application online form https://forms.gle/oqsVrawksnoZGSpk8
- Complete the City of Boston's temporary food service application form. Information about commercial kitchen use for food preparation must be included in the form (on page 2, under off-site prep). On the form, please type in 'New England Indonesian Festival 2019' as the name of the event and 'PERMIAS MA & ICONE' as the event coordinator.
- Submit license of the commercial kitchen use and letter of permission stating that you are allowed to use the kitchen for cooking.
- Complete the Boston Fire Department's open burning cooking operation application form.
- All applications must have a signature.
- Any vendor that is not licensed in the City of Boston must attach a copy of their license from the town they are in. ServSafe & Allergen certification needs to be submitted also.
- Email the completed forms, license, letter of permission and certificates along with a copy of your photo-ID no later than August 23, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send the rent payment of $750/booth plus the cleaning/security deposit fee of $250/booth using either one of the payment methods below:
- Paypal/credit card/debit card payment through ICONE's PayPal: email@example.com
- Check payment to Elvina Setia, payable to Indonesian Community of New England, Inc., 7 Conant Rd., Unit 38, Winchester, MA, 01890.
- Venmo: https://venmo.com/ICONE
Payments need to be received by us NO LATER than August 23, 2019.
Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. We will send a confirmation email of your participation once we receive your completed applications and payment. Applications and payments received after August 23, 2019, will be considered at the discretion of the festival committee and only if space is still available.
There will be no refunds of the booth rent fee once payments are received and your participation is confirmed by us. Refunds will also not be given to those who fail any Boston Fire Department or Health Inspection on-site or to those in violation of the rules who are asked not to operate on the day of the event.
- It is highly recommended for the interested food vendors to submit all these requirements before the mentioned deadline because waiting until the last minute may result in you missing the opportunity to secure the limited spots available for the food vendors.
- Late payment will result in your applications being canceled and your booth space being offered to another interested food vendor that has not yet get the space due to the limited number of food vendors allowed to sell at the venue by the City of Boston.
Rules & Regulations for Food Vendors
- Each vendor is responsible for activity within their vendor space.
- Vendors may sell only the items listed on the online application form.
- Onsite cooking is allowed. All fuels, cooking and serving equipment must be listed on the online application form.
- Food preparation can only be done in a commercial kitchen stated in your temporary food service application.
- Any vendor doing pre-packaged products must pick up products on the day of the event, nothing should be stored at home.
- All food cooking and/or warming devices must be within vendor allotted booth space and away from the festival traffic.
- All food cooling and/or warming appliances shall be on a sturdy base, stand or table to prevent them from being tipped over.
- Hot food must be kept hot (140° or hotter).
- Cold food must be kept cold (41° or colder).
- Live fires shall be attended at all times.
- Live fires shall be thoroughly extinguished and wetter prior to booth operator departure from the site.
- Any propane appliances and generators use on-site must be capable of running for the entire event duration on one tank only.
- The refueling of generators is prohibited on site. No on-site storage of extra fuel is permitted.
- Vendors must have a visible hand-washing station for their food handlers.
- Vendors are responsible for the total cleanup of their site.
- Vendors to follow the hours of operation and set-up arrangement as explained in the section below.
- Stay within the assigned location; do not encroach on other spaces.
- Do not block driveways or intrude on private property.
- Sidewalks and medians must be kept clear - do not store items or boxes there.
- Be mindful of landscaping and plantings between the curbs and sidewalks.
- Each vendor is responsible to provide a food allergy notice on the menu provided (this notice is required by Massachusetts's law).
- A food truck or trailer is not allowed to be parked/placed in the vicinity of your booth.
- The food sales operation of each vendor can only be done at the assigned booth.
- No booth may be left unattended during hours of operation.
- No alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, pets, loud music or television and no “hawking” will be allowed in the vicinity of your booth.
- No smoking will be allowed in the vicinity of your booth.
- All cloth, plastic or paper decorations or displays must be flameproofed.
- Glove, hair net/baseball hat, and apron need to be worn at all times while selling your food.
- Vendors who are uncooperative, leave a mess or violate the rules above will not be welcome at future events.
- Vendors who violate the rules may be subject to fines or booth closing by the City of Boston's event official who will present onsite.
- The appearance of the booth is very important to the overall appearance of the festival. Please keep it clean.
- Remove all trash from the booth and take them to the dumpsters as directed by PERMIAS' coordinators on site.
- Break down any cardboard boxes and place them in the recycling dumpsters.
- All cooking oil and grease must be removed from the premises by the vendor. DO NOT DUMP GREASE OR WASTE WATER TO THE GROUND, GRASS OR INTO TRASH CANS/DUMPSTERS.
Food sold at the 2019 IndoFest may be subject to advance approval by the event committee to limit duplication on food sold by different vendors and to ensure diverse food options. You need to submit photographs and detailed descriptions of all foods intended to be displayed or sold in your booth.
Hours of Operation and Set-Up:
All vendors must be ready and open from 11.30 am to 6 pm on the day of the 2019 IndoFest. No booth may be left unattended during these hours.
Loading stuff for the vendors will begin on Saturday morning at 9 am. No early arrival allowed in. Check-in is located at PERMIAS MA's booth. PERMIAS' coordinators will be available to help vendors to locate their booth space. Vehicles parked in the street festival area between 8am-10am will be impounded. You may bring your vehicle into the street event area (across CVS) after check-in for loading only and in no circumstances may you park or leave a car unattended. All set up must be completed and vehicles removed from the streets by 11.45 am sharp Saturday morning for PERMIAS's coordinators' inspection.
The loadout begins at 6 pm (or at 5 pm) on Saturday evening. All booths and vehicles must be cleared from the streets by 6.45 pm. Failure to meet this deadline will result in a fine and impound of your property by the City of Boston.
Vendors' booth allocations are pre-assigned to you by the 2019 IndoFest Committee. You will receive a map with your site location marked so that you can plan accordingly. Sites are given on a first-come, first-serve basis and are assigned at the discretion of the 2019 IndoFest Committee.
A vendor needs to register all their employees' names who will be working on that day. They need to wear special identification such as a uniform/hat/name tag that can be associated with the vendor's booth. For security and food safety purposes, no one is allowed staying behind the counter without a name tag/uniform from their respective vendors.
Waiver of Liability:
Your booth and contents are your responsibility. Neither ICONE, PERMIAS MA, nor the City of Boston assumes responsibility for injury to persons, or loss or damage to any property of the vendors, including theft. In submitting this application, applicant agrees to comply with all Festival, state and local regulations, and to save and hold harmless the City of Boston, ICONE, PERMIAS MA and their employees, team members, officers, and sponsors from any loss or damage to any person or property caused by applicant’s operation in connection with the 2019 IndoFest, and further agrees to defend said Associations and City for any claims for such damage.
Due to the strict penalties enforced by the City of Boston on the proper use, cleanliness, and appearance of the venue, violation to ANY of the above rules, regulations, and restrictions will give PERMIAS MA and ICONE the right to forfeit your cleaning/security deposit. Any bank charges for returned checks will also be deducted from your deposit.
For questions and more info, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact/text Evin at (617) 480-9517 and Sophia at (857) 207-8378.