New England Indonesian Festival (IndoFest) 2016 invites you to participate as food vendors in this year's event at Copley Square, 560 Boylston St., Boston, MA 02116 on October 8, 2016 at 12pm - 6 pm.
We have allocated 9 booths for Indonesian food vendors. Booth size for each registered and approved vendors is 9'x10'.
Price/booth: $650 (for a tent, 2 tables and 2 chairs), plus cleaning deposit fee of $300/booth (returnable).
How to Register:
- Read and follow the 'Vendor Rules & Requirements' section below carefully.
- Fill up and submit the food vendor application online form: http://goo.gl/forms/YEMHuEFieA8PZYkh2 .
- Fill up the City of Boston's temporary food service application form.
- Email the completed form along with the copy of your photo-ID no later than September 25th, 2016 to email@example.com
- Send the rent payment of $650/booth plus the cleaning deposit fee of $300/booth using either one of these below payment methods:
- Paypal/credit card/debit card payment through ICONE's Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check payment to Yana Regan, payable to Indonesian Community of New England, Inc., 400 Washington St., suite 408, Braintree, MA 02184
- Venmo: https://venmo.com/ICONE
Payments need to be received by us NO LATER than September 26, 2016.
We will send a confirmation email of your participation in the Festival once we receive your complete applications and payment. There will be no refunds of the booth rent fee once payments are received and your participation is confirmed by us.
It is highly recommended for the interested vendors to not wait to submit all these requirements until the mentioned deadline because it may result of you missing the opportunity to secure the limited spots available for food vendors.
Late payment will result in your applications being cancelled and your booth space being offered to another interested food vendor that has not yet get the space due to the limited number of food vendors allowed to sell at the venue by the City of Boston.
VENDOR RULES & REQUIREMENTS
- Each vendor is responsible for activity within their vendor space.
- Stay within assigned location; do not encroach on other spaces.
- Always have your booth fully attended during the festival hours.
- Do not block driveways or intrude on private property.
- Sidewalks and medians must be kept clear - do not store items or boxes there.
- Be mindful of landscaping and plantings between the curbs and sidewalks.
- Each vendor is responsible to provide a food allergy notice on menu provided (this notice is currently required by law in Massachusetts).
- Onsite cooking is NOT allowed at the event.
- The use of cooking oil is prohibited.
- Food warming devices are allowed with the acceptable fuel sources of electricity and sterno.
- All food warming devices must be within vendor allotted booth space and away from the festival traffic.
- Live fires shall be attended at all times.
- Live fires shall be thoroughly extinguished and wetter prior to booth operator departure from the site.
- All food warming appliances shall be on a sturdy base, stand or table to prevent them from being tipped-over.
- The appearance of the booth is very important to the overall appearance of the festival. Keep it clean!
- Each booth will have a map posted with directions to the trash.
- Remove all trash from booth and take them to the dumpsters.
- Break down any cardboard boxes and place them in the recycling dumpsters.
- DO NOT DUMP GREASE OR WASTE WATER TO THE GROUND, GRASS OR INTO TRASH CANS/DUMPSTERS.
Food sold at IndoFest 2016 may be subject to advance approval by ICONE to limit duplication on food sold by different vendors and to ensure a diverse food options. You need to submit photographs and detailed descriptions of all foods intended to be displayed or sold in your booth.
Hours of Operation and Set-Up:
All vendors must be ready and open from 11.30am to 6pm on the day of IndoFest 2016. No booth may be left unattended during these hours.
Loading stuff for vendor will begin on Saturday morning at 9am. No early arrival allowed in. Check-in is located at PERMIAS MA's booth. PERMIAS' coordinators will be available to help vendors to locate their booth space. Vehicles parked in the street festival area between 8am-10am will be impounded. You may bring your vehicle into the street event area (across CVS) after check-in for loading only and in no circumstances may you park or leave car unattended. All set up must be completed and vehicles removed from the streets by 11.45am sharp Saturday morning for PERMIAS's coordinators inspection.
Load out begins at 6pm (or at 5pm) on Saturday evening. All booths and vehicles must be cleared from the streets by 6.45pm. Failure to meet this deadline will result in a fine and impound of your property.
Booth allocations for the 6 out of the 10 registered and confirmed food vendors that have no preference on booth locations will be dispersed by IndoFest 2016 Committee. The other 4 booths that are located at the premium corner spots will be available for a bidding process by the interested vendors once the complete number of food vendors is reached. The bidding price for each of these 4 premium corner spots will start at $50.
A vendor need to register all their employees' names who will be working on that day. They need to wear special identification such as uniform/hat/name tag that can be associated with vendor's booth. For a security purpose no one allowed staying behind the counter without a name tag/uniform from their respective vendors.
Waiver of Liability:
Your booth and contents are your responsibility. Neither ICONE, PERMIAS MA, nor the City of Boston assumes responsibility for injury to persons, or loss or damage to any property of the vendors, including theft. In submitting this application, applicant agrees to comply with all Festival, state and local regulations, and to save and hold harmless the City of Boston, ICONE and PERMIAS MA team members, their employees, officers, sponsors and agents from any loss or damage to any person or property caused by applicant’s operation in connection with IndoFest 2016, and further agrees to defend said Associations and City for any claims for such damage.
- No booth may be left unattended during hours of operation.
- No alcoholic beverages, illegal substances, pets, loud music or television and no “hawking” will be allowed in the vicinity of your booth.
- No smoking will be allowed in the vicinity of your booth.
- All cloth, plastic or paper decorations or displays must be flame proofed.
- Glove, hair net / baseball hat and apron need to be worn at all time while selling your food.
Due to the strict penalties enforced by the City of Boston on the proper use, cleanliness, and appearance of the venue, violation to ANY of the above rules, regulations and restrictions will give PERMIAS MA and ICONE the right to forfeit your cleaning deposit fee. Any bank charges for returned checks will also be deducted from your deposit.
For questions and more info, email us at email@example.com or contact Evin at (617) 480-9517 and Yana at (781) 985-9399.
Thank you and see you at New England Indonesian Festival 2016 on October 8th, 2016, Copley Square, Boston!